1. Any Baker family series book! Those have you literally on the edge of your seat! :) Why? Well I think it's because the suspense is so terrible you just have to find out what happens. I could make stories like that if I have a good hook, a great question that needs to be solved and a think plot.
2. Probably historical fiction and non-fiction. As much as I enjoy reading historical fiction, it is so hard for me to write. I'm much better writing at writing in the present time!
Thanks Pearl for sharing questions!
Good questions, Holly!
Oops! I meant good answers! ;)
1. Hmmm... There are a lot of books like that for me, but I think that they all have a theme of being very well written, compelling stories with good life lessons and lovable characters. I need to work on my character development and plot design. ;)
2. I'd have to agree with Holly that Historical fiction is pretty hard. I think the hardest for me is Sci-fi because I'm not very technologically minded.
Thanks for the questions, Pearl!
Oh, yes, historical fiction is really hard to write!
1. Probably the Baker family series. They are really good and like Holly said, keep you on the edge of your seat.
2. Probably Sci-fi. Historical fiction sometimes is really easy for me, but not all the time.
Great questions Pearl!
Nice answers, Liberty!
Or one that's really hard for me would be our time period. Thanks Pearl!
The Swords of Lyric series. Ugh, those books are sooo good, I can't read any other book now! You all have to read them, they're Christian science fiction, but very encouraging and the way she wrote was extremely captivating!
I think I'm still studying her writing style, but she has a way of writing short blunt sentences and making everything seem very real. Like, unlike some authors, she makes you understand where the character is getting certain thoughts/feelings/actions. She makes you truly understand your character, and it's fantastic! I'm still working on this technique, but I think it's incredible how well she words things so make the reader feel everything and see everything.
I think the hardest genre of writing for me would be nonfiction. I like to have a lot of control over what I'm writing about and how far to span it… but that's just me. ;)
Wow! Am I the only one who enjoys sci-fi and fantasy? I think that's the easiest for me just because I like to let my imagination run free! Haha! Sometimes I'll be writing and I have to totally stop and just breath it gets so intense for me. ;)
Well, Jazzy, I don't know. I'm just not fond of fantasy and have never read sci-fi. Nor do I really want to. I'm just not into it that's all.
That's great that you enjoy those Jazzy!
A special place for everyone to join in on the authors conversation!